We’re hosting the Rooted In Community National Conference this year!
Rooted In Community National Conference
Hosted By CSU :: July 24th – 28th
Rooted in Community is a national gathering of young people (mostly of color) from around the country engaged in food systems work, it is unique in that is is organized by youth for youth.
CSU is proud to be the host of this years Rooted in Community annual national conference and is making the most of this amazing opportunity for From the Ground Up interns and alumni to be involved in organizing this event. Youth are not waiting for change, they are uniting food justice leaders, guardians of the sacred food ways, and generators of community resilience to amplify and organize our collective power.
This year’s event is an ideal opportunity for California based organizations with youth engaged in food systems work to be part of this incredible gathering of young people without having to pay for travel to a far away location. Please Join us for an incredible experience and step in our movement forward together at the Youth Leadership Summit in Los Angeles, CA on July 24-28th 2013. Click here for registration details and more information.
The deadline to register is Monday July 1st, please register ASAP. You will stay at dorms at the University of Southern California as you experience the food system being created in South Central and other Los Angeles’ communities.
The conference will include:
- Field trips to Watts, East LA, Boyle Heights, Downtown LA, where you will get to see some historical social movement and sacred sites
- Service projects at community & school gardens
- Youth-led workshops and Movement buidling
- Creative arts and messaging workshops, spoken word activities, dance
- Enjoying great food from community restaurants and prepared by the South-Central LA community.
- Staying in dorms at University of Southern California (USC)
- Growth, inspiration, and fun!!
- The Annual Day of Action on July 27th
In partnership with RIC-RACTags: CSU, Food Systems, Los Angeles, RIC, RIC-RAC, Rooted in Community, South Central, South LA, Youth